From Literature To Codes- A Web Development Journey.



A Great platform For Learning To Code

My journey began the day I came across Udacity and FreeCodeCamp. A literature teacher by profession, I never had ever thought of pursuing any technical field. Even though I had an eager interest in the field of Programming but never had the courage to research it.

But until I actually changed my mind and read a Blog on "How Web-Development is a Great career?". After reading this, I requested my brother who is already in the field of Graphic Designing to help me understand how to begin a career in Web Development.


https://codepen.io/suparnapaul393/full/BYMyZj/


The first amazing surprise that entered my journey was the news of Udacity-Google Nano Degree Scholarship. I enrolled myself but had minimal expectation of being selected. But on 13th Feb when i found the e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance to the First Phase of the Scholarship, my happiness knew no boundaries. I felt it is an once in a lifetime opportunity to reverse my career and chase my passion.

Udacity has been a great platform for learning and sharing. Programming had always been a passion for me but I had giving up on pursuing it due to personal issues and lack of support.The moment when I decided to start up a career in Web Development, there were many questions and confusion. Seeking answers was a difficult task-researching, downloading, suggesting. All these made it quite a blunder to actually understand web development. 


https://codepen.io/suparnapaul393/full/wmjMLp/


Belonging to a remote state where Developers community has no existence is a very difficult task.  It was a Blog that became my saviour and I came across Udacity and it was from here that my actual journey started. learning through Udacity tutorials and then enrolling myself in different forums asking for help and suggestion helped me build my confidence and motivated me to move ahead in this field.

I strongly believe that the best setup of my life came about with the Udacity-Google Scholarship Challenge which was fully an unexpected surprise for me. I had just started learning the basic mark-up languages when I came across the notification and enrolled myself in it. The selection became my first step towards learning procedure even though I had started to learn about HTML,CSS but still there were things I barely could get through. Udacity forum and slack offered me opportunities to connect with various other Developers who are already established and who have just started out, their suggestions were extremely helpful as I learned various languages and many of my confusions started to wear off. I am very thankful to Udacity and Google for the great initiative they had taken and also for the opportunity.


https://suparnapaul393.github.io/Titanic-Version2/


From the moment I have started with Web Development I realised that there are so many things that I can never experience since I am located in a remote state. I want to develop my skills, learn how web development actually can impact a society and help build better website which can be helpful and contribute towards development in Technical field. It was a great opportunity to learn and experience the working of web development towards upcoming technical advancement. 

The Collaborative Project helped me to work in community and also to sharpen my skills.  It enabled me to broaden my knowledge and contribute towards strengthening my learning skills and improving my learning methods. I learnt how to work in a group and contribute to various platforms. Thanks to the Collaborative Projects I had even created various other personal projects and showcased them for reviews. The community in slack and forum had been a great help in motivating me and reviewing my works, directing me the places to improve.


https://suparnapaul393.github.io/Festival-Menu-Card/


Being selected for the Phase II Front-End Web Development Nano Degree came as a shocking surprise in my inbox. I could not believe the e-mail even though I saw it twice in order to confirm my selection. It is a once in a  lifetime chance to learn about the work-about of Web development and the backend technology. Attaining knowledge through Udacity-Google Scholarship and their ideas that believes in changing and contributing towards the technical development field and would be a lift off to gain experience on how to work with Web-development and to proceed to an advance level of achievement. Thus, its a great opportunity to learn, discover and explore the development taking place in the technical field.

#UdacityGoogleScholarship and @Udacity




Thank you Udacity and Google for this life changing opportunity.😊😊


                                          Made With ♡♡ by Suparna Paul

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Down Memory Lane

How To Advance for an Interview?-Tips and Tricks Part 2